On busy fall days like today, I turn to dishes like this. I pop everything into the slow cooker in the morning and then I don’t have to think about dinner the rest of the day. I have a nice warm bowl of chili ready if a visitor stops by or when my little bumble bee or karate kid gets hungry.
Busy Day Sweet Potato Chili Recipe adapted from HERE.
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 ounce can kidney beans
- 15 ounce can black beans
Combine all ingredients in the base of your slow cooker and stir to mix well. Cook on low for 10 hours.