- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1 cup whole rolled oats, divided
- 1/2 cup white spelt flour (can substitute for whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose white flour)
- 3/4 cup whole spelt flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup (preferably grabe b)
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper (or cooking spray).
Place raisins in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside.
Meanwhile, finely grind the walnuts and 1/2 cup of the oats in a small food processor. Combine the mixture with the remaining dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and then add them to the dry ingredients. Stir to combine. Drain the raisins and fold them into the batter. Spoon batter onto baking sheets. Bake for 13-15 minutes until browned. Let cool. Makes about 18 cookies.Pin It